The mask liberates the performer, tapping into powerful energies that release the body into a controlled and yet spontaneous expression of the actor’s creativity.
The mask evokes in the actor a pleasure that is irresistible, it invites the actor to engage with it. The sensory body jolts to life, in differing alignments, rhythms, placement, weight, and flow, transporting the actor into the masks unique world and internal landscape.
Unleashed from cognitive limitations, the actor is transformed into authentic and physically articulate characters far from their own personal experience.
- Exploring expressive potentials in the body
- Forgetting the self and incarnating the other. The mask is a catalyst for this powerful transformation.
- Bringing the body into harmony with the soul of the mask.
- Mask Improvisation – the pleasure of playing
- Discovering the voice of the mask
- Enriching characterisation and deepening emotional connection.
- Expressive movement training—an introduction to refining sensitivity to qualities(essence) of movement and rhythm; responding on impulse; heightening kinesthetic and spatial awareness
- Improvised and structured play with Full mask
- Improvised and structured play with Half mask
- Retrieval – identifying the physical pathways
- This workshop is an introduction to the work
- *14 people maximum per workshop
- The masks used are quality masks from master mask makers from France, Bali, Italy and New Zealand. Full masks are crafted by Brenda Monaghan.
The early bird booking fees are available until the following dates:
- Byron Bay – July 11, 2018
- Brisbane – August 3, 2018
- Adelaide – August 20, 2018
- Melbourne – September 17, 2018
- Cairns – October 26, 2018